Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Courtyard of the Temple

For the first time, last Friday I got to train the Art (kung fu) at Church of the Holy Trinity. While I lament immediately taking a two week break for the sake of a much needed trip, I was glad to fit in the initial session. At present, the those gathered to train include only myself and my two sons. In the future, others may join us as we become more comfortable with using the space for this purpose. Nevertheless, for the time being, the 'threshold' has been crossed, and we can credibly state that the body is trained in the same location as the soul. A local church produces 'sacred space' for more reasons than the obvious Sunday services, but is dedicated ground for developing the whole person - just as Christianity should be.

No comments: