Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

This year I resolve to:

  • speak less regarding things I don't know about.
  • hold my tongue regarding things I do.
  • argue with fewer people.
  • praise more people (even where they're not present).
  • learn more than I had to in seminary.
  • share more of my resources than is comfortable.
  • encourage people who need it.
  • value people who seemingly don't deserve it.
  • show patience when I'm in a hurry.
  • plan more in order to hurry less.
  • exercise my body for frequently.
  • exercise my spirit more intensely.
  • laugh about things that make me look silly.
  • grieve things that hurt those around me.
  • help someone needing assistance.
  • hate things deserving resistance.
  • smile more.
  • sneer less.
  • advance the adventure.
  • drive depth in relationships.
  • teach like it was my only shot with the students.
  • meditate on truths worthy of quiet solace.
  • seek wisdom from sages.
  • celebrate life, love and grace to the full.
  • work hard and play hard (in that order).
  • love the Lord our God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength...
  • and love my neighbor as myself.

The following resolutions will likely NOT all be accomplished (to say the least), but consider faithful saying: he has no measure of his skills who has no target to shoot at.

No comments: