Friday, August 8, 2008

I miss my kids

When I talk to them on the phone it sounds like they are having such a good time with my parents in California. This process has gone on for a few years now, my 3 children spending a month with my parents. Each time is about now, the 3rd week into it, that I really start missing them. The house is so quiet. I get out of the house as much as I can to meet with people, but as a pastor and student, a great deal of my time is spent in the office - at home. It's really, really quiet. I can't wait to see them.

They called yesterday to wish Naomi and I "happy anniversary." Hearing their voices on the phone was a tremendous blessing. Now they're on the houseboat on Lake Shasta, swimming, exploring and playing games. How soon can the 20th come?

No comments: