Monday, July 21, 2008

Riding Withdrawals

Here it is, July 22nd, and my bike is still not finished being repaired. All this time I have been longing to ride again, enjoy the open road and the relaxation it can bring. In addition, down to one car again leaves me feeling like a caged animal who can't roam as it should. My passion for Texas State Parks, getting outdoors, and riding the country roads grows by the day. I longingly into catalogs advertising outdoors recreation gear. This morning I came across an REI Adventures magazine in our library listing possible trips. Naomi and I sat debating over what our "ideal" vacation looked liked; her gravitating toward gentle cruises, and me attracted to kayaking the fjords of Norway. I need to get out of this house before "cabin fever" sets in. They're taking an awfully long time repairing my bike.

No comments: