Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shark hunting

In the movie Jaws, Quinn describes going "shark'n." He alarms hearers in the film and audiences alike with a image of hard work, perilous danger and uncertain outcomes. "I value my neck a lot more than $3,000," he asserts. "I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him and kill for ten." Such are the intense times awaiting the Shark hunter in that context.

Going into these Western Conference Semifinals, I had no expectations for the Dallas Stars. I knew that battling the Sharks would be difficult and fraught with struggle. However, now they're up 3-0 in the series. If they win tonight the Sharks are done for the season and the Stars will advance to the Western conference finals - to play the Red Wings. Ugh!

Yesterday I bought a t-shirt for Naomi and the Stars' Fan Shop at the American Airlines Center that simply says "BELIEVE." We wore our Stars shirts last night as the Stars beat the Sharks 2-1 in overtime. It was so exciting. It's so fun to be a hockey fan.

No comments: