Friday, April 11, 2008

Playoff fever

Last night the Stars spanked the Anaheim Ducks with an old fashioned paddle. I mean it was ugly. A 4-0 victory in the playoffs can be very, very demoralizing for the loser. Well, I certainly hope so. I want the Ducks totally distracted when they play next. Two years ago the Stars were knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by the Denver Avalanche. Last year they were knocked out in the first round by the Vancover Canucks in game 7. Oh, man, I was disappointed. This year, I hope they take no prisoners. And last night looked like they might do just that.

Four different Stars scored goals. Marty Turco was an absolute wall, not allowing a single goal. Steve Ott was faithfully is usual agitating self. The Ducks did not disappoint. They got agitated just as we hoped, racking up a lot of penalty minutes and handing the Stars several opportunities to score power play goals. It was so fun to watch. I'll be on the edge of my seat for the next three games. Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday will be tough evenings. Can they make past the first round this year? Can they successfully defeat last year's Stanley Cup champions? Dare I believe that they can do it?

I love hockey.

No comments: